Mediterranean Chicken Bake
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups baby spinach
1 medium red onion
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can artichoke hearts
1 jar kalamata olives
1 cup olive oil
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (or more!)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Layer the bottom of a 9” x 9” casserole dish with baby spinach and sprinkle with 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Place the chicken breast on top of the layer of spinach and sprinkle with another 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Slice artichoke hearts in half, slice onions, drain tomatoes and olives. Mix in a bowl with 1/4 cup olive oil, herbs and spices and juice from 1/2 of the lemon.
- Evenly distribute the mixture over top of the chicken, and top with the remaining 1/4cup olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle feta evenly on the top of the dish.
- Return to oven for another 40 minutes.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with a side of lemon rice or cool cucumber salad and a lemon wedge!