- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar or to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 ounces sweet wine brandy or rum (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon for serving
- In a medium pot combine the milk, sugar and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Pour about ½ cup of the warm milk over the beaten yolks and stir well. Then slowly add the egg yolk mixture to the milk and stir well.
- Cook over low-medium heat, stirring consistently, until the mixture starts to thicken, while not letting it boil. Add brandy and vanilla.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon and serve immediately.