COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The purposes for which we collect, use or disclose Personal Information include:
- To identify, communicate with and provide services to you;
- To respond to your questions or other requests;
- To evaluate your application and establish your eligibility for tenancy;
- To establish, manage and terminate any landlord/tenant relationship, including to investigate and protect you, other tenants, prospective tenants and ourselves from error, risk, fraud and criminal activities;
- To ensure orderly management of our residential and commercial properties;
- To manage our relationship with suppliers and third party service providers who we engage to perform services on our behalf (some of which may be located, or store information on servers located outside of Canada);
- To determine eligibility for credit, including verification of references and obtaining credit reports from credit reporting agencies;
- To process payments and other commercial transactions;
- To enable us to respond to emergency situations;
- To develop, market, recommend, offer or provide products and services, including to conduct market research and generate statistics related to our business, products and services;
- To provide you with company information, such as e-mail notifications, literature requests, and newsletter subscriptions or other information which we think might be of interest to you;
- To contact you regarding a contest or promotion in which you have participated;
- To manage our relationship with our employees;
- To manage and develop business opportunities, including to facilitate transactions and due diligence reviews as well as to complete corporate transactions and reorganizations; and
- To comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Austeville will only use or disclose Personal Information for the purposes identified at the time of collection or for a purpose reasonably related to those purposes. Austeville will not sell Personal Information to other parties.
Except where authorized or required by law, Austeville will obtain consent to collect, use or disclose Personal Information. Consent will be obtained before or at the time of collection, as well as when a new purpose is identified.
Austeville shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Austeville.
When you visit Austeville’s website, a small amount of information may be collected to facilitate the operation and security of the website. This information may include browser type, Internet domain name and IP address. Some information, such as your Internet domain name or IP address, may identify you. If we provide a website search function for your use, it may collect information to remember the information you submitted for the search.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary or relevant for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Where personal information has been used to make a decision about an individual, Austeville shall retain the personal information for a period of at least one year to allow for access by the individual.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If an individual demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of his or her personal information, Austeville will amend the information as required and to the extent required or permitted by privacy legislation. If appropriate, and to the extent it is reasonable to do so, Austeville will send the corrected personal information to each organization to which the personal information was disclosed by Austeville.
Austeville will implement reasonable security safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. The nature of the safeguards will vary depending on: (a) the sensitivity of the information that has been collected; (b) the amount, distribution and format of the information; and (c) the method of storage.
Upon written request to the Privacy Officer, Austeville shall inform an individual whether it holds personal information about that individual as well as any use or disclosure of that information by Austeville, and shall give the individual access to that information except where Austeville is permitted or required by law not to disclose personal information to the individual.
#300 - 1645 West 7th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6J 1S4
Email: [email protected]
You can find further information about protection of Personal Information under the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) at the website of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia (www.oipc.bc.ca).